Status of Each County's Closures During Coronavirus Outbreak
March 19, 2020
STATUS OF EACH COUNTY DURING THE CORONAVIRUS
The association recognizes the growing concerns the Coronavirus has caused and how most local governments are adjusting their daily operations. Below are some local government operational updates that are important to REALTORS. All information subject to change. We will continue to monitor and make updates.
- Encouraging all customers requesting service permits and commercial permits and those submitting site development plans or making business license renewals to make those submissions using the Cityview online portal – https://cityview.cherokeega.com/cvprodportal.
- All residential building permit applications and new business license applications can be emailed directly to the DSC representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All payments can be paid through the web portal or by contacting the DSC at 770-721-7810. https://cityview.cherokeega.com/cvprodportal.
- All other permit and development applications are available on the DSC webpage. https://www.cherokeega.com/DSC.
- More Information: https://www.cherokeega.com/cherokee-county-news-view.php?article=80
- Contact: Jeff Watkins at 678-493-6107 or email@example.com
- Limited Access
- Contact: Chris Luly at 770-735-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited Access
- More Information: https://www.cantonga.gov/gov/departments/building.htm
- Contact: Mark Crosby at 770-704-1512 or email@example.com
- Limited Access
- Contact: Nancy Moon at 770-345-5533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The April 2 Planning Commission Meeting has been cancelled.
- Not accepting plans for review. There is a drop box in the front of city hall if you need to do it by hand or you can scan and email it. Applications can be filed out online if needed.
- If you need assistance with Planning and Zoning matters, call 770-592-6050 or email email@example.com.
- More Information: http://www.woodstockga.gov/civicalerts.aspx?AID=548
- Direct Contact: Brantley Day at 770-592-6050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offices are closed to the public but they are working remotely and anticipate all services continuing.
- They do not anticipate any stop in inspections.
- Everything must be submitted to them electronically.
- Contact: Madolyn Spann at 770-473-5401 or email@example.com
- Limited Access
- Contact: 404-608-2300
- Limited Access
- Contact: Ricky Clark, Jr. at 770-478-3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Hall closed indefinitely
- Available services will be limited to services that can be done through the telephone, email or postal service.
- More Information: https://lakecityga.net/yourcity-specialevents.asp
- Contact: Eric Beckman at 404-366-8080 or email@example.com
- Effective immediately (Friday, March 13, 2020), all City of Lovejoy Administrative Offices will be closed until further notice. We anticipate a return date of March 30th; however, this will be based on the recommendation of the CDC and State Officials.
- Inspection requests may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule permit drop offs. Business License applications, property tax payments, and other payments should be mailed to PO Box 220, Lovejoy, GA 30250.
- Please Note: inspections, permits, and licenses will be delayed during this time. The Engineering Department will be operating with very minimal staff.
- More Information: https://www.cityoflovejoy.com/DocumentCenter/View/1744/CLOSURE-NOTICE
- Contact: email@example.com
- More Information: https://www.riverdalega.gov/AlertCenter.aspx?AID=CORONAVIRUS-COVID19-ADMINISTRATIVE-OFFIC-1
- Contact: Esmeralda Pruitt at 770-909-5486 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All zoning and variance hearings for the remainder of March and April have been canceled and those cases are expected to be heard in May.
- We will continue to accept new applications for zoning, variances, etc. We will not have the applicant meetings right now as we typically do, given the CDC’s recommendations regarding social distancing. Any comments, questions, etc. will be handled by email and/or phone call. Our zoning staff will be reduced in the office, but they will be telecommuting.
- Permitting will continue with some modifications. As you are likely aware, many permits can be applied for online. We are encouraging everyone to take advantage of our online services to the extent possible.
- Lobby will be open 8:00-5:00, with a closure 1:00-2:00 to allow our limited staff to take lunch and disinfect the lobby areas. During office hours, we will accept permit applications, plans, business license applications, etc. We will limit the number of individuals in the lobby areas, again based on social distancing guidelines.
- There will be a designated waiting area outside the lobby for queuing.
- One-stop and site plan review meetings are canceled until further notice. While we will not be meeting face to face to review plans, we will still be reviewing plans and providing comments via email. •
- Inspections will continue. Inspections should be scheduled through the online portal. We will be inspecting commercial and new construction; however, given the current health concerns, we will not be inspecting inside homes that are occupied (for instance, basement remodels, etc.) in order to minimize the risk to our inspectors.
- Contact: Jason Gaines at 770-528-2018 or email@example.com
- Limited Access
- More Information: https://www.acworth.org/notice_detail_T9_R125.php
- Contact: Christine Dobb at 770-974-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited Access
- More Information: https://www.austellga.gov/CityNews.aspx?CNID=4215
- Contact: Jimmy Graham at 770-944-4309 or email@example.com
- City of Kennesaw Mayor Derek Easterling announced (March 16, 2020) that City Hall, including Public Works, will be closed to in-person, public access starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020 through at least March 31, 2020.
- The City of Kennesaw encourages use of the Online Payment Portal at this time for paying citations, sanitation, property tax and business taxes/license.
- The following departments will accept payment over the phone: Building & Construction – 770-429-4554
- More Information: https://www.kennesaw-ga.gov/covid-19/
- Contact: Darryl Simmons at 770-590-8268 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information: https://www.mariettaga.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=2792
- Contact: Lindsey Wiles at 770-794-5509 or email@example.com
- Contact: Tina Garver at 770-943-8001 ext 361 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brawner Hall temporarily closed
- The Community Development Department will continue to offer the following services electronically:
- Issuance of Building and Development Permits
- Architectural and Civil Plan Reviews
- Business and Privilege Licensing
- Planning & Zoning
- More Information: https://www.smyrnaga.gov/your-government/departments/how-to-do-business-with-community-development-during-covid-19-response/-fsiteid-1
- Contact: Rusty Martin at 678-631-5354 or email@example.com
- County facilities will be restricted to the general public
- The county has made it possible for its customers to engage via email, telephone, standard mail delivery
- More Information: https://www.dekalbcountyga.gov/planning-and-sustainability/planning
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An online building permit portal is available here.
- Commercial construction project inspections will continue until further notice and can be reviewed and scheduled at www.AvondaleEstates.org/inspections.
- Public Works, as well as Code Enforcement can be reached through the form center.
- More Information: https://www.avondaleestates.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=222
- Contact: 404-294-5400
- Inspections: Inspections will resume Wednesday, March 18th. Inspectors have been instructed to follow “no contact” protocols. We will do our best to perform inspections on the date requested via the Project Portal, but due to the limited availability of staff, some inspections may be pushed 1-2 business days. We will not accept 3rd party inspection reports on already issued permits.
- Permits and Plan Reviews: Due to our all electronic permitting system, there will be minimal interruption to the permitting and plan review process. We will continue to accept applications and plan submittals. If you would like to check the status of an application, please log on to the Project Portal. We will continue to release permits and approved plans via the Project Portal. If you need assistance, feel free to contact the Permit Technicians at Permits@BrookhavenGA.gov.
- Certificates of Occupancy/Completion: We do not post Certificates of Occupancy/Completion on the portal. However, after your final inspection/s pass, you may request your CO/COC by e-mailing Permits@BrookhavenGA.gov. One of our Permit Technicians will e-mail you a PDF of the requested CO/COC. Please allow 48 hours after your final inspection.
- More Information: https://brookhavenga.gov/commdev
- Contact: Patrice Ruffin at 404-637-0532 or email@example.com
- Building Permits and Zoning Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some permits may be submitted online: https://talktomycity.com/search/Cha01
- More Information: https://www.chambleega.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=484
- Contact: email@example.com
- City of Clarkston offices at City Hall (3921 Church St) and at City Hall Annex (1055 Rowland St) beginning the week of Monday, March 16 will be CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC until further notice.
- Contact: Shawanna Qawiy at 404-296-6489
- All DEC services will continue during the building closure. Services will require the following modifications:
- Permitting Questions and Trade Permitting (Electric, Plumbing, HVAC) – Call 404-377-6198. For now, payments shall be made by check only until other options become available. Checks should be made payable to the City of Decatur.
- Construction-Tree-Engineering Questions – For all inquiries and pre-application meetings, contact staff directly to arrange a phone call or teleconference.
- Plan Submittal – For now, plan submittal will be carried out on an appointment basis or by email depending on the scope of work.
- Contact staff at 404-377-6198 to arrange for drop-off or email submissions to:
- ABrumbalow@safebuilt.com (Building)
- Kay.Evanovich@decaturga.com (Trees)
- Jennings.Bell@decaturga.com (Engineering)
- As Built Plan Submittal – Plans can be emailed to Andrea.Hedgebeth@decaturga.com
- Inspections– Inspections will be handled as usual by online requests only at decaturga.com/inspections
- More Information: https://www.decaturga.com/cmo/page/decatur-city-buildings-closed-public-until-further-notice
- Contact: 404-377-6198
- Permits: To submit any building, sign, tree or trade permit, please print the application from our website. Once completed, submit the form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the property address in the subject line, as well as any pictures, site plans or notarized documents that may be needed.
- If you have questions or are unsure of what is needed, refer to the appropriate checklist (permit, residential construction, commercial construction or commercial renovation/addition).
- Turnaround time for permits is 10 business days. Once your permit is approved, you will be emailed an invoice with a link to make payment.
- More Information: http://www.doravillega.us/news_detail_T2_R512.php
- Contact: Armani Skrine at email@example.com
- Even though City Hall will be closed, city government remains open for business with non-essential staff working remotely.
- The City has several online tools available to residents, businesses and visitors.
- Permits can be filed and inspections can be scheduled online using the following link: https://dunwoody.portal.iworq.net/portalhome/dunwoody.
- Code Enforcement will be available by going online to https://talktomycity.com/create.
- Public works repairs can be reported online using this link: https://dunwoodyga.gov/index.php?section=for_residents_report_a_problem
- More Information: https://dunwoodyga.gov/index.php?section=COVID-19-Update
- Contact: Richard Mcleod at 678-382-6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited Access
- City Hall and the City Hall Annex are staffed with essential personnel
- Those needing to enter the buildings must call to gain entry
- Contact: John McHenry at 678-597-9040 or email@example.com
- At this time, no adjustments have been made for scheduling inspections.
- More Information: https://www.forsythco.com/COVID-19
- Contact: Tom Brown at 770-781-2115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- At this time (Posted 3/16/2020), all future meetings of the Cumming City Council and Planning & Zone Board will proceed as normal.
- More Information: https://www.cityofcumming.net/news
- Contact: Scott Morgan at 770-781-2024 or email@example.com
- The department will reschedule all Pre-Proposal / Pre-Bid Conferences and Facility/Site visits until a later date and has issued an addendum to extend due dates for all Open Projects (projects currently advertised on the Bid Board) until April 15, 2020. If the situation changes, any updates will be issued via an Addendum.
- Services such as filing for most permits, paying utility and tax bills, and reporting service needs such as potholes, code enforcement violations, and traffic issues can always be done online by visiting https://www.alpharetta.ga.us/report-pay-apply.
- More Information: https://www.alpharetta.ga.us/community/news/2020/03/16/alpharetta-closes-all-city-offices-cancels-meetings-and-events-through-april-12
- Contact: James Brooker at 678-297-6082 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Hall closed to the public
- Intake of new permits that require paper plans submitted to the Office of Zoning or Office of Buildings will be suspended temporarily
- We will get submittal of new plans operational as quickly as possible
- Submittal of plans that are done online will continue as normal.
- Review of plans already submitted will proceed; applicants will continue to hear from staff of these active submittals
- Inspection services will continue although there will intermittently be delays in service
- COA Water Meter Questions: Please call Azera Kendall – 404-546-3390 and/or Akunza Gun – 678-878-1022
- More Information: https://www.atlantaga.gov/government/departments/city-planning
- Contact: Oscar Hudson, Jr. at 404-669-3762
- The Department will not be accepting any new permits (building, land disturbance, fence, trade, special event, etc.) or applications (rezoning and variance) of any kind until further notice.
- The Department will attempt to continue review and processing of existing permits and applications and conduct building and land inspections within 48 to 72 hours upon receiving an inspection request.
- Please note that daily inspection load may impact response times due to limitation of personnel.
- Contact: Gilbert Quinones at 678-512-3284 or email@example.com
- Limited Access
- Contact: Parag Agrawal at 678-242-2555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited Access
- More Information: https://www.roswellgov.com/residents/coronavirus
- Contact: Alice Wakefield at 770-641-3780 or email@example.com
- To submit a building permit, view the status of a permit, schedule an inspection, or view the status of a code ordinance violation visit the Build Sandy Springs website.
- More Information: http://www.sandyspringsga.gov/public-safety/city-services-events-covid-19
- Contact: Jim Tolbert at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permitting staff can be reached between the hours of 8:30a.m. and 3:00p.m. to assist you with your permitting needs.
- Applications previously submitted will continue processing as normal. City staff will contact applicants via email or phone.
- Applications for fences/retaining walls, administrative permits, special events, film/production, residential alterations and additions, or trades (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing), can be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
- All new permit applications that require physical plans have the preferred option of being uploaded to file sharing through a Dropbox account. You can create an account at https://www.dropbox.com/?landing=dbv2
- New applications & plans mailed: (City of South Fulton Permitting Division 5440 Fulton Industrial Blvd SW Suite A Atlanta, GA 30336)
- If you are need of an invoice to pay for a permit or reinspection fee, payments can be made electronically. Be sure to include your name, permit number, site location and contact information with your request. Please submit your payment request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Certificates of Occupancy will be transmitted electronically. To request a Certificate of Occupancy, please email our Permitting staff at: email@example.com
- Inspections will continue as normal with communication via email and/or phone. All inspection requests received by 4:00p.m. will be conducted the next business day. For inspection requests or results, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Brian Epstein at 678-333-6900 or Will Hart at 229-603-9046
- Gwinnett County facilities, with the exception of senior centers, will remain open during normal business hours
- More Information: https://www.gwinnettcounty.com/web/gwinnett/departments/
- Applying for Permits – All permit applications must be applied for through email at email@example.com. Permits can be found by clicking here. Plans can be uploaded onto the City’s sharefile at the following link: Upload a file here. After receiving a complete application, staff will respond to the applicant with the permit number, comments and applicable fees. Following instructions for payment below.
- Paying permit fees – After the permit is received and reviewed, staff will provide the applicant with the applicable fees. Fees may be mailed in or paid online by using the following link to pay for your permit: https://duluthga.demositegw.com/start.html. The above link will direct you to the Online Payment website. For permit fees, click on the “Planning Activity” option. Once routed to the “Planning Activity” page, type in the amount due in the “Price” box and click “Add to Cart”. You must fill in the Contractor’s Name, Project Address and Permit number. Once all of the fields are filled in, click on “Add to Cart”. Click on “View Cart”. Click on “Checkout”. Fill in the applicable payment information and click “Process $ Payment”.
- Requesting an Inspection – The City will continue to perform inspections in a variety of ways. When feasible, inspections will be conducted through photo, video or livestream (FaceTime, Skype, etc.) to limit exposure to potentially unsafe situations. While interacting with the public, inspectors are being asked to maintain the Centers for Disease Control recommended distance of six feet from people as much as is practical and when needed will be using face and eye protection.
- Inspection requests are still to be made using the Inspection Request Line. The Building Official will contact you to schedule, a determination on whether the inspection will be done through digital means or in person and instructions on how to conduct the digital inspection or prepare for an on-site inspection.
- Contact: 770-497-5333
- At this time (3/17/2020), City facilities, will remain open during normal business hours.
- More Information: https://www.lawrencevillega.org/579/COVID-19-Information
- Limited Access
- Contact: Tracy Rye at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited Access
- Contact: Kaipo Awana at 678-541-6127 or email@example.com
- As of today (3/17/2020), all inspections will continue with some slight modifications. Until further notice, inspections will continue to be requested via email, however, NO ONE will be allowed to be in the building with the inspector during the inspection.
- The inspector will make an effort to provide notice prior to arrival in order to allow time to clear the building. With that said, the inspection will not be performed if the building is not cleared prior to arrival or if you are unavailable to clear the building. Upon completing the inspection, the inspector with either leave a copy of the inspection report on site or email a copy to you.
- Additionally, the City will not conduct any inspections at a location where a resident of the location is in self quarantine until that quarantine has expired. Please advise the City if anyone at the location is in self quarantine.
- In order to request a Certificate of Occupancy (CO), please contact Kelley Tanner in Inspections via telephone (770-904-2792) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The City will review your file and notify you if any additional documentation is needed. If needed, documents may be submitted via email. Once your CO is ready, you will receive an emailed copy and then a hard copy in the mail. Please plan closings according to our typical 3-5 day process. Do not expect a CO to be ready the same day as the final inspection and delivery of all required documentation.
- Contact: Keith Kerr at 678-860-5136 or email@example.com
- Currently, we are still closed to the public.
- Permits will be issued via email, meaning the customer will email their application and credentials. We will receive the credit card payment over the phone and email their receipt to them. This is for all permits except those needing pre-construction meetings.
- Once all necessary documents are received, we will email the C/O to the customer with a note attached to our file copy explaining why the customer’s signature is not on the C/O (due to the coronavirus).
- All Inspectors will continue making inspections. The Building Inspections should be made on new building construction only. No inspections should be made on structures where there are residents occupying the property/structure.
- More Information: https://www.co.henry.ga.us/Departments/A-C/Communications-Department/News/AID/6207
- Contact: Amelia Ash at (770) 288-6083 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited Access
- Contact: Wanda Moore at 770-946-4306
- Beginning today (03/17/20) until further updates, the Community Development Department Building & Inspections Division will process/conduct Building Inspections in the following manner as a proactive measure to minimize risk and protect city personnel, customers, and businesses alike concerning the COVID-19 pandemic:
- 1.) Customers are requested to minimize the number of Inspection requests due to decrease in city staffing during this interval of time.
- 2.) Inspection requests are to be for items that are immediately ready for inspection.
- 3.) Inspectors must be allowed to conduct the Inspection(s) unattended, utilizing “social-distancing” measures, of the subject property.
- 4.) Permits may be purchased by phone with credit card and obtained through email. Contact Community Development office staff permit clerks for details and assistance.
- Tag all three clerks in all emails due to decreased staff rotation:
- Vernita McNeil / VMcNeil@McDonoughGa.org (678) 782-6224
- Kelsey Liddick / KLiddick@McDonoughGa.org (470) 878-1114
- Tina Tebo / TTebo@McDonoughGa.org (678) 432-4622
- Contact: Thomas Marshall at 678-833-3329 or email@example.com
- The Department of Planning and Development lobby is closed to the public and staff will be working remotely. Code enforcement will be out during limited hours assisting emergency management. The department can be reached by phone at 770-278-7100 or at the following emails pertaining to subject:
- Planning – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inspections – email@example.com
- Zoning – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code Enforcement – email@example.com
- More Information: https://ocgnews.com/rockdale-county-enacts-remote-work-plan-effective-march-16/
More from News
How to look up a Law, License Law, Rule or Regulation
August 17, 2020
From the Georgia Real Estate Commission
Hate Crimes Legislation Signed by Governor
June 28, 2020
On the final day of the legislative session, flanked by a large, bipartisan group of State
Covid-19 Update: Governor Relaxes Coronavirus Restrictions
June 12, 2020
On Thursday, June 11th, Governor Brian Kemp issued his latest executive order that relaxes most...
REALTORS® Support Hate Crimes Legislation
June 12, 2020
REALTORS® Support Hate Crimes Legislation
Covid-19 Update: Governor Eases Restrictions
June 4, 2020
On Thursday, May 28th, Governor Brian Kemp issued his latest executive order that moves Georgia...
Governor Kemp's Shelter Order Expires
May 27, 2020
Governor Brian Kemp allowed his previous Shelter in Place Order to expire on April 30th. While...