Real estate brokers and agents understand their communities like few other business professionals, given their work connecting properties with renters, home owners, and small businesses. Because they spend much of their time becoming familiar with and highlighting the attributes aspects of their local areas, they are natural boosters for their communities. Atlanta REALTORS® works to bring together the many talents of our 10,000+ members to support our community in a variety of ways and to recognize our members for their extraordinary acts of selflessness.
The Atlanta REALTORS® supports multiple local charities through fundraising and volunteerism. These charities are selected by the Board of Directors on a biennial basis.
For 2020, the decision was made to provide volunteer support to local food banks throughout Metro Atlanta and to provide financial support to the Atlanta Children's Shelter through the Annual Spring Social Fundraiser and the Southeast Residential Real Estate Trade Show.
In addition to the charitable activities of the Association, our YPN has it's own outreach mission and has supported Children's Healthcare of Atlanta for several years. Not only do they raise much needed funds, volunteers take time to do arts and crafts with the very special little patients at CHOA on a monthly basis.
The Great Pandemic has certainly created much upheaval and created a greater need than ever to support our local community. Though we are not able to get as hands-on as we had planned, our REALTOR® family has continued to show our tremendous commitment to giving whatever is needed most. We are so very grateful to the many ARA Members who have contributed time and effort to provide meals to hundreds of families in Atlanta in 2020!
Sign up now to volunteer at Meals on Wheels Atlanta!
September 14, 2021
Come help volunteer at Meals On Wheels Atlanta! We have selected three different days in October for the Atlanta REALTOR® Association to help give back to the Community. Due to COVID-19 regulations, Meals On Wheels Atlanta can only allow 10 volunteers at once during the three hours so this volunteer opportunity is a first come basis. Sign up fast and help give back to the Atlanta Community!
- Pantry + Meal Prep: You will help us to have a truly successful pick up day by assisting us in the following ways: Stocking our pantry with donated items, packing breakfast bags, packing pantry bags or shelf stable meal boxes, and
prepping our pet pantry.
- Dates: Wednesday and Thursday (October 6th and 7th)
- Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm each day
- Location: 1705 Commerce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30318.
- Parking is free and available: You will enter at Entrance B off of Commerce Drive
- 10 volunteers per day.
- Meal Delivery: Help us deliver meals to our senior neighbors - 14 Volunteers
- Date: Friday, October 8th
- Pickup Location: 1705 Commerce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30318.
- Times: Please arrive between 10am-10:30am to pick up your route and meal boxes. You will park under our covered driveway at the front of the building and staff will assist you. After we load your car with meal boxes, it typically takes an hour to an hour and a half to complete your meal deliveries.
- **All volunteers delivering meals to our senior neighbors are required to wear a face mask.**
- Be prepared to use your personal vehicle and gas.
- Only the driver needs to register!
How to register:
It's super easy, eliminates the hassle of pesky paper forms upon your arrival, and helps our dedicated staff prepare for your arrival. Please follow the steps below to register:
- Visit your team registration page: http://vhub.at/AtlREALTORS
- Follow prompts to create a Volunteer Hub account and to review the volunteer waiver and background check authorization form.
- If you already have an account with us, you’ll simply follow the link above and log in.
- After completing, wait 24 hours for your background check to process. A Volunteer Services representative will email you to confirm your account has been approved.
- Then, you’ll log back in to sign up for a service date.
- There are more details on the portal such as what to wear and what to expect.
- You are all set!