Atlanta is a city built on food and, on our Grant Park tour, our Storytellers weave the history of Atlanta’s deep past while guests try the future of Southern cuisine with modern Southern and Southern fusion options. Try 12 tastings at 5 locally-owned restaurants, including 2 light alcohol samplings, while meandering through historic Oakland Cemetery and beautiful Grant Park.
Highlights include fried catfish and okra with cucumber wasabi soy sauce, a local beer, cider, and soda sampling, and a whole wheat chocolate chip cookie from a James Beard nominated chef. The tour includes a leisurely 1 mile walk through historic Oakland Cemetery.
Pricing includes 12 tastings at 5 restaurants (enough for lunch), including 2 alcoholic samplings, participant brochure with exclusive coupons, a guided tour from a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Culinary Storyteller, and gratuities that go directly to the Storyteller.
Registration Fee: ARA Members - $25*
Note regarding parking: Please do NOT park behind the restaurant in the Jane parking lot, but rather on the street or in the Six Feet Under overflow parking lot at 408 Woodward Ave, just a block away.
- 10:30 a.m.: Registration at Six Feet Under in Grant Park (437 Memorial Dr. S.E, Atlanta, GA)
- 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Food Walk will start promptly at 11:00 a.m.
Menu [subject to change]
- Six Feet Under – shrimp and grits; fried catfish and okra with
cucumber wasabi soy sauce
- Republic Social House – Nashville hot chicken and sweet potato fries
- My Friend’s Growler Shop – beer sampling, cider sampling, and local
- Firepit Pizza Taven – pork belly toast with tomato jam and a
handmade soft pretzel with tavern dip
- Little Tart Bakeshop – seasonal fruit galette and whole wheat chocolate chip cookie
*Pricing available to YPN ARA Members only until April 1st and then it opens to all of the ARA membership